I say to myself every semester, This is it. This is the one. This is the semester where I read everything. Then life happens, I read about 60% of what’s required, and I pass with flying colors. So this semester, I’m telling myself something different: I’m going to read everything I need to read. If I find that I don’t need to read something I’ve begun, I’ll quit it, and move on to bigger and better things.
But what does that look like? Well, in order of importance:
- Jane Austen – Northanger Abbey
- M.H. Abrams – The Norton Anthology of English Literature, Volume D (selected readings)
- M.H. Abrams – The Norton Anthology of English Literature, Volumes I and II
- Paul Lauter, ed. – The Heath Anthology of American Literature Concise Edition, Volumes I and II
- Vali Nasir – The Shia Revival: How Conflicts within Islam Will Shape the Future
- Ervand Abrahamian – A History of Modern Iran
What does your reading list look like? Share it with me in the comments!