I offer writing, editing, and proofreading services for blog posts, essays, news articles, presentations, and more. For best results, I recommend doing at least one round of self-editing and proofreading before sending your work to me.
Note: All prices are in USD.
I have extensive knowledge of—and plenty of experience writing about—literature, video games, health care, and fandom. I write criticism, journal, and copy, and I’m available to help you fill out your content schedule or dress up your SEO pages. I do not write student essays or take on ghostwriting projects.
My standard rate is $0.12 per word with a $50 minimum.
Line edits highlight inconsistencies, redundancies, clunky sentences, and other narrative problems, as well as places where your writing delights and intrigues me. I use Track Changes in Word to record my thoughts, questions, and suggestions, and I offer strategies to improve readability and engagement. Each line edit comes with one additional revision.
Line edits cost $0.015 per word with a $25 minimum.
This form of editing checks a text for surface-level problems, such as spelling, punctuation, and syntax errors. It does not make suggestions for rewriting sentences or restructuring your work.
Proofreading costs $0.0075 per word with a $15 minimum.
To query or hire me, email kristianediting [AT] gmail [DOT] com with “OTHER SERVICES” in the subject line. Attach your materials in .docx format and include the following information in the body of the email:
- your name
- your PayPal email address
- the specific services you’re requesting
- a description of the project
- the desired or actual word count, rounded up to the nearest 100
- the applicable style guide, if any
You may request more than one service per project, but I ask that you query for only one project at a time.
Billing & Turnaround
I endeavor to respond to all emails within 2 business days. My response will indicate whether I intend to take you on as a client or not.* It will also include any additional questions I may have for you.
Invoices will be sent via PayPal. The first half of the total cost is due before services are rendered, and the second half is due when the work is completed. I will not begin working on the project before receiving the first payment, nor will I release it to you before receiving the second.
General turnaround times are as follows:
- Writing: 7–14 days after payment is received, depending on the length of the project
- Line Edits & Proofreading: 14 days after payment is received
Need it quicker? I am occasionally available to do rush orders for an additional fee. If you’re interested, include your preferred return date in your email, and I’ll see what I can do.
If a problem arises that prevents me from completing your work on time, I will refund your payment in full. I do not offer refunds for completed services or cancellations.
* Emailing me does not entitle you to my services. I take on clients who are respectful and kind. I will not critique or edit works that are openly and uncritically racist, misogynistic, queerphobic, eugenicist, antisemitic, anti-Romani, or otherwise bigoted, nor do I work with AI-assisted or -related material(s).